Approaching Oswestry from either North or South on the A5:
- At the Gobowen roundabout, take the exit signed ‘Orthopaedic Hospital’.
- Continue over the railway bridge and along the road for about a ¼ of a mile.
- Pass the main entrance and hospital buildings to your left
- Take the second hospital entrance, ‘Entrance 2’ onto the site and follow the road around the back of the hospital following the SHROPDOC signs until you get to the LAING MEMORIAL Building.
- Shropdoc’s entrance is situated in a recess to the left of this building and is clearly signed (as shown in the image above).
Patients should approach this entrance and press the call button for attention.
Note: Patients who go to the main entrance in error can still access Shropdoc by heading immediately ahead to the Shropdoc display next to the reception desk, or, when main doors are closed outside hospital opening hours, pressing the bell and speaking to the switchboard. Patient should ask the switchboard to notify the Shropdoc Staff who will admit the patient.
Parking for Shropdoc patients will be as for the Hospital.