Montgomery Medical Practice: Partner/Salaried GP
Montgomery is an exquisite county town nestling beneath a 13th century castle on the border between England and Wales. Despite its idyllic rural location Montgomery is within a short (30 minute) drive of bustling Shrewsbury and an hour from Birmingham.
As a Partner in the Montgomery Medical Practice your earnings will be in the top quartile (UK figures) and you will enjoy flexibility that few can match. Over decades we have evolved our working environment to create an excellent balance between work, recreation whilst enjoying the satisfaction of being part of an exceptional Practice. Team work is at the heart of what we do and we have taken great pride in delivering first rate care to our discerning patients for generations.
The town itself boasts some fabulous restaurants and cafes and its picturesque Georgian centre is just a hundred yards from the Surgery. For those seeking the amenity of a larger town then it is an easy commute from Shrewsbury where there are an abundance of cultural opportunities, first rate schools and employment opportunities for spouses. For those seeking to live in a more peaceful and pastoral setting then the rolling countryside around Montgomery is close to perfection. Fortunately property prices tend to be reasonable here and so those relocating can expect their money to go a long way.
Current vacancies at Montgomery
Partner or Salaried GP – Full time, part time or job share, Powys, Wales
We are looking for a new GP to join our expanding rural practice in beautiful Mid-Wales.
- You will work up to 160 days a year and these can be worked flexibly to accommodate all manner of other lifestyle and occupational commitments.
- A full range of Enhanced Service which include Virtual Ward, Minor Injuries, Minor Surgery, Anticoagulation and many more. You will be able to use all of your skills and develop more if you wish.
- A very busy and profitable dispensary catering for 85% of our population.
- Community teams are based within the Practice which makes totally “joined-up” care.
- Nurse led triage has been in place for 10 years so that your GP skills will be fully utilised with much of the day to day work being done by our excellent nursing team.
- Our Administration Team have been trained up to relieve the GP’s of much of their administration burden and we are always looking for new ways to make our administration as efficient as possible.
- The Practice is very efficiently managed and the finances are directly controlled by a Chartered Accountant with a special interest in GP finance.
- All clinicians have 15 minute appointments.
- The Practice works very closely with its neighbours which form the North Powys Cluster. This is one of the most active Cluster groups in Wales and is being allowed to develop and grow in scope and influence.
- We have been computerised since the mid 1990’s and we try to squeeze as much functionality as possible out of EMIS Web. We use digital dictation systems and voice recognition software to great effect.
- Out of Hours work is available and we are very lucky in having ShropDoc as the local OOH provider. This is GP owned, pays well and boasts one of the best reputations for quality in the UK.
- Our QOF performance is exemplary having only dropped a point or two since 2004.
- We are a research practice, always genuinely keen to innovate and we are always seeking ways to improve what we do.
- Large purpose built premises a hundred yards from the town centre but bordering unspoilt farm land.
- Lots of opportunity to pursue other medical interests either in nearby Community Hospitals or District General Hospitals 30 minutes away.
- Approx 7,300 patients scattered over 300 square miles
Please contact me for more details prior to application
Dr Simon Currin, Managing Partner
Montgomery Medical Practice
Powys SY15 6PF
Mobile: 0777 5778041 or 01588 620614
Work: 01686 668217
Back to the external vacancies